Absolutely stunning square earrings, handmade by Hilary, using modern materials and traditional techniques dating back from the 17th century.
These earrings resemble enamel, but are actually papier mache, which makes them lightweight and very wearable.
Hilary starts by travelling, capturing the colour combinations she sees in paint. Back at the studio she adds layers of paint and acrylic ink (in opaque, transparent and pearlescent), as well as gold, silver and copper leaf. Each geometric fragment is then sealed with resin, which magnifies the image and intensifies the colours.
Hilary’s jewellery has been sold in Liberty of London and The Guggenheim Museum Shop in New York - and now Corfe Castle!
- Size: 1.5 x 1.5cm (approx.)
- Original artwork set under resin, with copper sides and aluminium back
- Sterling silver sooks
- Remove before swimming/bathing
- Clean with silver polishing cloth
- Comes with a care leaflet