Privacy & Cookies
At Seasons Green, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- We’re Seasons Green – an independent shop and online retailer selling an exciting collection of unusually fine products!
- Our VAT registration number is 253711224, and our registered address is 14 West Street, Corfe Castle, Dorset, BH20 5HD
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you place an order, contact us about products, or if you register to receive one of our occasional newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
- If you purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- process orders that you have submitted
- deal with entries into our competitions
- seek your views or comments on the service and products we provide
- notify you of delivery information / other info regarding your order
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about special offers and competitions or new products added to our website
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments, or to despatch orders on our behalf). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have an agreement in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes, and to delete it when it is no longer necessary to retain. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties outside of Seasons Green for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We use the following Third Parties:
- Payment - Stripe
- Delivery - Reputable UK and International couriers including but not limited to Royal Mail, DPD, Kangeroo, UPS. For countries outside the UK we may use other couriers not mentioned here.
- Mailing list - If you have chosen to sign up to our newsletter then your name, email address & details of products you have ordered are sent to Mailchimp, our email service provider.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about exclusive offers and our products, then you can unsubscribe by editing the Newsletters section in your online account. Alternatively you can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of any of our marketing emails.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: [email protected] or telephone 01929 477 228.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: [email protected] or write to us at Seasons Green, 14 West Street, Corfe Castle, Dorset, BH20 5HD. Alternatively, you can telephone 01929 477 228.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with 256-bit encryption on SSL. Our entire website is https rather than http, meaning that ANY information you enter during checkout is secure. We suggest you regularly update your web browsers - running the latest versions is always good practice.
Once we receive your information, we ensure its security on our systems. Where you have chosen a password in order to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We do not have access to your stored password, and we ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences, although turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
16 or Under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
We do not transfer any of your information to outside of the EU.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. Last policy review date: 27/5/20
Well done if you've reached the bottom of this page!